Re: Audiogalaxy again (Cross Site Scripting Vuln)

From: John Scimone (jscimoneat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:46:43 PST

    I just took a 2 second look at audiogalaxy for other ways to get this
    plaintext cookie and realized that they probably have numerous cross site
    scripting problems being such a dynamic site.  Some parsing appears to be
    done on user input however this user search script looks partially vulnerable
    so you don't have to worry about IE bugs and can grab linux user's names and
    passwords also.  I'm sure there are others just by looking at their site
    layout but I don't have the time to mess with it.

    Ex:
    http://www.audiogalaxy.com/user/userSearch.php?SID=34b1859xxxxx0da9ff0cbxxxxx&userSearch=foo%22%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28document.cookie%29%3C%2Fscript%3E%3C%22bar&searchOption=exact

    Like Michael stated in an earlier bugtraq post users should chose their
    passwords wisely and not use the same password for hotmail and mp3 sharing
    sites as they do to pay their bills online.

    John Scimone
    CS Major @ Ga Tech