Another IE denial of service attack

From: Wodahs Latigid (wodahsat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 02:16:28 PST

    Hi,

    While we're on the subject of Internet Explorer DoS attacks,
    heres one that I found a while back. On a P800 with 512mb RAM,
    it causes 100% CPU utilisation and hangs Internet Explorer
    until it is killed. This is more of an annoyance than anything.

    This has been tested with IE version 4 on Windows NT, versions
    5.5 and 5.5sp2 on Windows 95, and version 5.00 on Windows 2000
    with the same results.

    You can find the test page at:
    http://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/iehang.html

    The problem seems to occur when continuously updating a
    simple form text box over and over. I have also found that
    pasting a large amount of any letter into such a text box
    will eventually crash IE - can anyone verify this?

    Teknix
    http://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/

    http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup