Re: Grokster and possible trojan

From: Michael (scorpsecat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 15:58:59 PST

    I had this same thing on my Win98 machine the other day, but without
    Grokster. Could be a totally different thing, but ohwell ;)

    Turned out that in \windows, there was a hidden folder called "explorer",
    with explorer.exe in it. Norton AV picked it up as Backdoor.Trojan, and I
    removed it immediately. Before I did that, I was getting Visual C++ errors
    from "explorer.exe", which first made me a bit suspicious about what someone
    could have put on my computer..

    Hope that helps.