Re: Clicktilluwin DLDER Trojan

From: ByteRage (byterageat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 01:02:29 PST

    hmm it seems more thorough analysis has already been
    performed by AV researchers :

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dlder.trojan.html
    http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/dlder.shtml
    http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99289&
    http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4128-544089,00.html#dlder

    It appears to be installed by LimeWare Gnutella /
    Grokster

    --- ByteRage <byterageat_private> wrote:

    > below is the result of a small (read : fast)
    > examination of this file... I can not guarantee
    > everything is 100% correct (but at least 99,9% is ;)
    >
    > file name : dlder.exe
    > file size : 40960 bytes
    > md5sum("dlder.exe") :
    > d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    >
    > It's at least a very suspicious file since it's
    > purpose seems to be to download a file into
    > %windir%\explorer\explorer.exe
    > (using calls to GetWindowsDirectoryA,
    > CreateDirectoryA, SetFileAttributesA,
    > URLMON!URLDownloadToFile)
    >
    > at startup the program also determines the operating
    > system (GetVersionExA) and uses an import of
    > RegisterServiceProcess to hide itself from the
    > tasklist under win9x systems (the process list when
    > you type CTRL+ALT+DEL)
    >
    > the program also makes the following keys :
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\games\clicktilluwin
    > (with all keys under it belonging to the program)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run\dlder