Re: RealPlayer Buffer Problem

From: Ben Ford (benat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 20:25:15 PST

    tmorgan-securityat_private wrote:

    >>Plays just fine on a RedHat7.2 box.
    >>

    >hmm, what version of RealPlayer are you running?  You are actually
    >the first to tell me it plays fine.  Have you tried making other
    >similar alterations to the file?  It won't crash immediately if on a
    >particular version the buffer isn't located very close to the end of
    >the allocated memory.  It may crash after you re-open the file a few
    >times though, cause the overflow trashes the heap.
    >
    >thanks
    >tim

    I swear it did!!  LOL, I can't get it to play anymore, but it did play
    through the whole file I downloaded from your site  --
    http://www.sentinelchicken.net/files/firstrun.rm --  (at least once!)
     Version is 8.0.3.421

    -b

    --
    So, make a real effort to avoid getting sucked into all the expensive
    lifestyle habits of typical Americans.  Because if you do that, then