Re: OS X Shell Code

From: Josha Bronson (dmuzat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 14:37:06 PST

    On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:38:54PM -0500, fintler said:
    > Here's a sample of ppc shellcode (should work fine on mac os x) on ppc you
    > have to worry about the link register having the return address, along with
    > the copy on the stack, so it's not like you can just overwrite it like in
    > x86. Makes it harder to overflow those off by ones I guess...this was
    > written by someone named "Chris Shepard" I think:

    Which leads to my next question, I am messing around with an app in OS X
    that has an overflow condition, and this is my first time working with
    non x86 based debugging, etc and I am a bit lost (where's the eip? ;).
    Any good links/references for PPC specific ASM and/or overflow
    techniques or tutorials?

    > char shellcode[] =

    Thanks, this is very helpful...
    --