Re: Complicated Disclosure Scenario

From: Nick Lange (nicklangeat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:34:51 PST

    One other point here[once again my opinion],
        While many licenses forbid reverse engineering etc, if you're license
    becomes void for researching security vulnerabilities or disclosing them to
    the public then you need to point out to whomever makes budgeting decisions
    that this is not the product to use. Simply because their uncooperative
    attitude will end up costing *your* business money cleaning up a hacker
    attack if you follow the license! And for a business, that's all that
    matters[imho]. (I would seriously have you or your boss compare an IT
    cleanup of your servers after compromise to the cost of integrating a new
    product into your production environment over the long term), the product
    may be good but if you and other businesses are going to be screwed over by
    an environment of immaturity, is it worth it?
    once again my two cents,
    nick