RE: Complicated Disclosure Scenario

From: Nathan Anderson (nathanat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 09:08:46 PST

    Josha,

    >>I encouraged the vendor to begin their own investigation. They ignored
    this, and again stated that they would await my results.<<

    	1. If you feel confident in your ability to exploit it then my opinion is
    that you offer to do the investigation at an hourly fee.  (Make sure you get
    written documentation to any agreement with said vendor)  Your time is
    valuable and _they_ are the responsible party for tracking it down and
    fixing it -- not you.  So if they want you to track it down, they should pay
    you.

    	Otherwise:

    	You plainly inform them that you will be releasing the advisory in two
    weeks or one month and give them the date of release.

    Nathan.