Re: switch jamming

From: Todd Suiter (toddat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 14:45:30 PST

    Or:

    	Most models of cisco switchen and extreme networks switchen
    have the option to 'mirror' ports. I'm not that familiar with
    the cisco side of things, so will focus on the extreme's. You can
    mirror either a set or all ports on a given switch, to one port on
    said switch, which can then be 'sniffed' in the usual fashion.

    so 48 port switch, minus 1 port for the 'mirror' port, leaves
    you 47 100Mb ports to sniff.