Re: CSS, CSS & let me give you some more CSS

From: Sverre H. Huseby (shhat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 13:25:43 PST

    [E M]

    |   This brings me to the point that cookie based authentication is
    |   unsafe inherently and as far as I can tell not something that
    |   security minded developers would even consider.

    Eh, you make me curious.  What would a security minded developer of,
    say, a discussion forum where client side certificates is not an
    option use instead of cookies?  I guess you won't say URL paramters,
    so I am really curioius.

    My opinion is that the cookies are fine.  It is the output of scripts
    that needs addressing.  A security minded developer would make a
    framework that did not permit HTML (that is: washed, sanitized,
    escaped, recoded, HTML encoded -- choose your favourite slang) tags
    from any data, except from the templates of the pages.

    Oh, well.  Friday night, just upgraded from ancient glibc 2.1.94 to
    2.2.5 and had a few beers to give me courage to do the upgrade, so my
    opinions may not even be worth the usual two cents at the moment.

    Sverre.

    --
    shhat_private			Play my free Nerd Quiz at
    http://shh.thathost.com/		http://nerdquiz.thathost.com/