Re: CSS, CSS & let me give you some more CSS

From: E M (rdnktrkat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 11:13:43 PST

    I think we are getting away from the original topic, CSS and how it effects
    you.

    Basically the general agreement is that cookie stealing via embedded code is
    the most dangerous use for CSS and the most common.

    This brings me to the point that cookie based authentication is unsafe
    inherently and as far as I can tell not something that security minded
    developers would even consider.

    So the jist is that CSS is mainly used to exploit older web app's that use
    cookie based authentication (Prime example older versions of Yet another
    Bulletin Board (Yabb). Not to say it can't be used for other things, just
    that from what I'm seeing... its not.

    Eric McCarty