Re: mIRC Buffer Overflow

From: Krish Ahya (Krishat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 13:51:10 PST

    Hi,

    Why would you release an exploit for this hole if currently there are no
    security patches for it? Do you know how many people run mIRC? Most of which
    know nothing about even how they got online! My prediction is that several
    machines are going to get compromised due to this.

    Thanks for reporting it, but to release an exploit with no patches, simply
    is a "Black Hat" mentality.

    teli
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes.
    When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours, that's
    relativity." -- Albert Einstein