RE: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: Condrey PFC David L (CondreyDLat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 11:29:02 PST

    Kazaa is vulnerable in the fact that the average user has not noticed their
    basic configuration settings.  The program is built normally to allow only
    sharing of a single folder "My Shared Folder".  Somehow or another people
    are seeming to go along when they setup Kazaa on their computer allowing it
    to access everything.

    Either way it doesn't really matter.  The only way I see this classifying as
    a bug is if it could some way become exploitable to unknowingly upload
    something to the suspects harddrive.  Just viewing doesn't really matter,
    that's what Kazaa was created for, this just shows another occasion of
    average user stupidity.

    David Condrey