Re: chaging your @home IP address... could you take a bunch of them....probably... could you get something from it...maybe

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:16:10 PST

    Jon is correct- the speed is determined via the modem. Back when
    excite@home was compromised by adrian lamo, I was privy to such access as
    well. On the computer havoc.corp.home.net there lay the 'help desk'
    interface, where the users settings were editable. I distinctly remember
    the speed being an editable option for the modems. However the only way, to
    my current knowledge, it to edit this information on the ISP side- still. I
    remember a while back when faster transmission speeds were achieved via
    just plugging in a 100 base t nic and setting it to full duplex, but this
    is not the case anymore.

    As for current hacks for cable modems, there are a few that I have
    discovered specifically with comcast.net

    However this cannot be disclosed at this time. I will post it at a later date.

    Russ

    At 08:16 PM 2/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
    >vuln-devat_private

    Russell Handorf
    oooo, shiney ::Wanders after it::

    www.russells-world.com
    www.philly2600.net

    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
    to repetitive music." ~unknown