Re: chaging your @home IP address... could you take a bunch ofthem....probably... could you get something from it...maybe

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:52:38 PST

    Russell Handorf wrote:

    > Jon is correct- the speed is determined via the modem. Back when
    > excite@home was compromised by adrian lamo, I was privy to such access as
    > well. On the computer havoc.corp.home.net there lay the 'help desk'
    > interface, where the users settings were editable. I distinctly remember
    > the speed being an editable option for the modems. However the only way, to
    > my current knowledge, it to edit this information on the ISP side- still. I

    Ultimately, if the box is in your house, it's only a matter of how much
    time you want to spend hacking it, and the agreement between yourself and
    your provider.

    I do believe that many cable providers will allow their customers to
    buy their own docsis compliant modems, no?  I understand the config file
    will come
    from the ISP, of course.  Well, the original config file...

    						BB