Re: texis(CGI) Path Disclosure Vulnerability

From: zeno (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 06:34:18 PST

    > Advisory:      texis(CGI) Path Disclosure Vulnerability
    > Application:   Thunderstone's texis(CGI)
    > Release Date:  02.05.02
    > Severity:      Any user can send an invalid path to texis(CGI)
    >             causing it to reveal the full path to the webroot.
    >                In some cases texis will display system specific
    >                information(OS, processor type).
    > Vendor Status: ThunderStone was contacted and has not responded since Jan.29.02

    I was also non related working on this problem. Another thing to add is that
    if you add a extention of .txt to the end of a filename it displays
    the file in txt format rather then html.

    http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/.txt

    Trying 205.181.112.68...
    Connected to hotfiles.zdnet.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.