vim error?

From: Craig Van Tassle (craigat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:55:02 PST

    I was playing about with my syslog and i noticed that after i exited one of my xterms (the one that i started vim from) the editor was
    still up and running with root access..
    the command i use was vim -g /etc/syslog.conf
    could this be a problem or am i only going oh my god at a feature?
    Could this be from vim's not handeling the removal of the controling terminal correctly??
    I know that with emacs if i start it from a shell and then kill the shell all processses from it are killed.

    Any one have any ideas?

    Thanks
    Craig