RE: directory traversal

From: Piyush Agarwal (pvagarwalat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 12:12:38 PST

    hi,
    It seems you are right...
    But here is something more that I found:

    (Running cmd.exe on Win2k)
    Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\WINNT\system32>cd \.\

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\WINNT\system32>cd \..\

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\WINNT\system32>cd \...\

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\WINNT\system32>cd \....\

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\WINNT\system32>cd \.........\

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\>cd winnt\system32

    C:\>cd winnt

    C:\>

    It seems that the cd command just stops working when I
    carried out the above steps......weird!! Anybody care
    to explain ?

    Regards,
    Piyush Agarwal

    --- "Levenglick, Jeff" <jlevenglickat_private>