Re: Comcast man-in-the-middle attack

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 05:52:17 PST

    I have to admit, I haven't experienced this altered traffic pattern, but it
    is certainly interesting. But.... I think something else is going on.

    Justifications for my claims:

    I have 2 routes to the Internet- one via cablemodem and the other via isdl
    dedicated connection. I run web servers on the dedicated side and sniffed
    to see if what he said was true- it may be in your local area (an admin
    testing out new equipment or something, aka not intentionally using it for
    'evil corporate purposes') and I did not notice any altered packets.

    Just my $3.50

    russ

    At 08:33 PM 2/7/2002 -0800, you wrote:

    >Comcast "transitioned" my city from @home about a month ago. In the past
    >week, they implimented what appears to be an Inktomi Traffic-Server
    >transparent cache at 68.34.76.99.
    <snip>
    Russell Handorf
    oooo, shiney ::Wanders after it::

    www.russells-world.com
    www.philly2600.net

    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
    to repetitive music." ~unknown