RE: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: Sven Kamphuis (svenat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 19:24:26 PST

    why not automate the search for such.

    its rather easy to search on the kazaa network for such files, then make a
    connection to the user involved on 1214/tcp and send him a message
    (user_text - doesn't need your kazaa id anyway) to turn it off...

    he will fix the problem if he gets an irritating popup from a non existing
    evilhacker@hax0rnet luser telling him you have access to his personal
    stuff  every 10 minutes or so ;)
    might make the unsuspecting wintendo user a bit more careful....

    about 60 lines of code would do the trick incl. error handling and
    base64 encoding (although the message only needs to be encoded once unless
    you wanna make something really fancy out of it with changing messages
    and stuff ;)

    still think kazaa should go opensource though ;)

    --
    Sven Kamphuis,
    Technical Manager,

    CB3ROB BBS - Remote Computing Facilities & Network Security
    Address: Prins Bernhardlaan 12     KvK:    37089253
             NL-1921 BB                Tax ID: NL-190827336B01
             Akersloot                 Bank:   56.64.08.287 (ABN-AMRO Castricum)
             The Netherlands           Giro:   9074112 (Postbank)
    Phone:   +31/251-316800
    Fax:     +31/251-316799            e-Mail: infoat_private