RE: The Cleaner reports WinPCap contains WinRAT trojan

From: Brenna Primrose (absolut_contagionat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 10:27:17 PST

    My first guess would be that one or more strings of code in WinPCap
    contain similar strings as those in a RAT.  I have seen this happen
    before with both Panda Anti-Virus and Pest Patrol (anti-trojan
    software).  In fact, Pest Patrol even reports that Cygwin (a Windows
    UNIX bash shell emulator) contains several RATs.  As WinPCap is a
    legitimate product, I would imagine that this is what is happening with
    it.

    Brenna

    http://profiles.yahoo.com/absolut_contagion
    http://gsa.creighton.edu
    AIM - absolut x psycho
    ICQ - 1363187
    Yahoo! - absolut_contagion
    Use your computer and a screen saver to help in cancer and anthrax
    research @
    http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=CB4726CD-49B8-4FD8-9D81
    -41F448198647 -- Join the Creighton University Gay/Straight Alliance
    team!