Re: Rumours about Apache 1.3.22 exploits

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:04:14 PST

    VeNoMouS wrote:

    > Ive looked into this a little bit more and it adds 8.7KB of data to any elf
    > file it finds on your system

    I don't think the exploit itself is trojaned, as others on this thread
    have indicated.  Rather, the exploit has been infected with some
    virus that opens a backdoor, like RST and RST.b.

    > it does apare to be some type of virii back door, plz find attached a clean
    > and a infected version of grep 2.4.2 (GNU) from a rh 6.2 box it appends its
    > data to the end of the elf but have been unsuccsessful reverse engineing it
    > so far.

    Whoops, I didn't catch that when I read the note the first time.
    I don't normally (now) send virus code through to the list.
    At least no one needs to ask for samples. :)

    Obviously, please take great care with the infected file.  If it's
    like RST, it will open a backdoor, and call home to tell someone
    about it.  You will be r00ted.

    					BB