Re: MS-SQL banners

From: Nicolas Gregoire (ngregoireat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 04:38:45 PST

    04/04/2002 17:35:54, -l0rt- <simonat_private> wrote :

    >What is this for?
    >
    >On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 nicobat_private wrote :
    >
    >> I'm actually collecting the differents strings send by
    >>MS-SQL servers during the authentification phase.
    >> I want to collect as much banners as possible, for
    >>differents versions (6.5, 7.0, 2K, ...) and languages
    >>(french, spanish, english, japanese, ...).

    I've received several mails about my previous post and I think that I
    need to make a clarification about my goals.

    First of all, there isn't any social engineering attempt here !

    My main goal is to be able to identify a unique string which can be used
    in vulnerability assessement software in order to check for a successfull
    MS-SQL login, for all versions and languages.

    As far as I know, current VA softwares don't check very well for vulns on
    these localized daemons.

    Many thanks to those who already send me MS-SQL banners, but I need
    a lot more :)

    Regards,

    Nicob