Re: JAVA more insecure than true compiled code?

From: James Washer (washerat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 14:58:57 PST

    Only if you consider security-through-obscurity to be REAL(tm) security.

    <steven.sporenat_private> on 04/05/2002 05:17:19 AM

    To:    vuln-devat_private
    cc:
    Subject:    JAVA more insecure than true compiled code?

    Hi,

    I was wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the security of code
    written in JAVA, I recently reverse engineered a product with a freely
    available JAVA decoder and found that it produced code with variable names
    imports etc, making it very easy to find out how it hung together. Could
    this be construed as a security flaw with JAVA?

    Thoughts comments are appreciated.

      Steven
    computer.