Re: JAVA more insecure than true compiled code?

From: Charles Bell at home (charbellat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 05:48:45 PST

    There are java class obfuscators available for preventing this kind of thing.

    You can run a utility called tdump supplied with Borland's free compiler on
    dll's, etc, and explore them as well.

    Windows machines come with a now obscure program call debug from which
    anyone can explore what's in memory, etc.  Just type in debug from a
    command prompt.

    It comes down to a basic fact that you can reverse just about everything,
    depending on how much time and resources you want to spend. Nothing is
    absolutely secure. Security is a relative thing. It sure is fun figuring
    out how things are put together though.

    Charles