Re: hello

From: Felipe Franciosi (felipeat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 09:39:33 PST

    > Hi,I am engaged in the  vulnerability assessment. Now I am lack of the statistic results about the exploting incidents of some vulnerabilities.How can I get some statistic data about the exploting incidents of some vulnerabilities? Please provide me some reference. Thank you.

    I am afraid I must agree with Valdis on  this.  There's no point in
    gathering random data about hacking attempts, because they are very
    much specific and change from network to network.

    BUUUUT,  I remember a project I visited some time ago which I can't
    remeber  the  URL  right now (but I'm sure someone will help us out
    with this) that was called  The Honeypot Project (or something like
    that).

    They've put togheter a network with a set of different systems with
    different OSs and several vulnerabilities online. They have not pu-
    blished the network IP class,  just let it run with valid IP addre-
    sses.

    Then  they've gathered really good numbers about the hacking attem-
    pts from hackers and from worms and things...

    Maybe you should go after this.

    Best regards and good luck,
    Felipe

    --
     Felipe Franciosi        paradoxo networking