Re: combinations of 4

From: Sebastian Jaenicke (tsaat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 13:05:58 PDT

    Hi,

    On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 05:01:59PM -0800, KF wrote:
    > I am in the process of archiving power pc instructions that do not
    > contain null... I have come to the decision that if I could generate a
    > list of all possible unique 4 char combinations for a given list of
    > alpha numeric chars then I could quickly sort the rest out in gdb...
    >
    > My question is does anyone know how to programatically do this? Do i
    > need to make use of bit shifting or something? I need only a program to
    > print the list to the screen or something simple. Example output would
    > be ...
    >
    > AAAA
    > BBBBB
    > AAAB
    > AAAC
    > and so on but ONLY unique posibilities.

    #!/bin/bash

    alphabet="a b c d e f"

    for a in $alphabet; do
      for b in $alphabet; do
        for c in $alphabet; do
          for d in $alphabet; do
            echo $a$b$c$d;
          done
        done
      done
    done

    Should give you the desired output.

    Regards,

    Sebastian
    --
    Sebastian Jaenicke
    whois pgpkey-18AC0BE4at_private|perl -ne's-^certif: +--&&print'