Re: buffer overflow with greek characters, NIX

From: Tim McKenzie (webmaster@crazy-horse.net)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 21:14:23 PDT

    On Thursday 18 April 2002 12:20 am, you wrote:
    > Nah the unix guy is suffering from a bug in X and or in the protocol
    > handling of KDE in general including Konqueror  / kmail / file dialog
    > boxes / etc...  Long title bars are one way of triggering this. I have
    > posted a few times on this... xterm --title b0fhere may crash your box
    > if you have the bug in X. If its a bug in Konqueror / KDE protocols try
    > making an html file with AAAAAAAA... a few thousand times as the
    > <title>AAA....</title> and open it.

    This appears to be the case.. I get the link to BestBuy in Galeon on a
    default Mandrake 8.2 install. Same goes for lynx.

    system:
     cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.4.18-6mdk (quintelaat_private) (gcc version 2.96
    20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk)) #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002

     rpm -qa galeon
    galeon-1.0.3-4mdk

    -Tim