Re: buffer overflow with greek characters, NIX

From: David H (davidat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 00:31:40 PDT

    KF wrote:

    > Nah the unix guy is suffering from a bug in X and or in the protocol
    > handling of KDE in general including Konqueror  / kmail / file dialog
    > boxes / etc...  Long title bars are one way of triggering this. I have
    > posted a few times on this... xterm --title b0fhere may crash your box
    > if you have the bug in X. If its a bug in Konqueror / KDE protocols
    > try making an html file with AAAAAAAA... a few thousand times as the
    > <title>AAA....</title> and open it.
    >
    > -KF

    I just wanted to correct the good man. Jonqueror itself does not handle
    any protocols. The HTML rendering engine and any part of the I/O input
    subsystem are within the so called IOSlaves. Therefore it is wrong to
    blame the application should there be faults. If there are errors in
    protocol handling, please submit those bugs to bugs.kde.org if you
    haven`t allready or send them directly to me "darianat_private" and I
    shall add them to the database for you (one time offer only!).

    Please realise, that KDE hasa modular setup where mostr services are
    provided toi applications on a much lower level, they are not statically
    built into the application`s code.

    Thank you.