RE: SECURITY CAMERA WAR DRIVING

From: Steve Maks (smaksat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 13:40:59 PDT

    The NY Times had an article on this a bit ago:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/14/technology/14SPY.html

    I've got some X10 equipment on its way to experiment with this.  There is
    also the ICOM R-3 scanner that has a built-in LCD screen and can receive
    2.4GHz video (http://www.icomamerica.com/receivers/handheld/icr3main.html).
    I haven't heard many good things about this receiver, however.  The battery
    lasts about an hour with the LCD screen on and apparently it can't receive
    all the X10 camera frequencies.

    There is a group of us on the NetStumbler (www.netstumbler.com) forums board
    who are looking into this, you might want to stop by if you are interested.

    Steve