RE: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: Michael Cunningham (m.cunninghamat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:19:21 PDT

    > Either it's regional, they are only using 802.11b at newer stores, or
    > your equipment may have been setup improperly.

    The equipment is definatly not setup incorrectly. Ornico silver 802.11b
    network card in a Dell Inspiron 5000 using Net Stumbler. In fact I am
    typing this on my personal wireless network right now.

    Perhaps the wireless equipment hasn't been rolled out to all stores yet?
    Either way, its great that the word is getting out. Stores need to think
    about customer data and privacy before just rushing out to buy the latest
    nifty wireless register.

    Mike