Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: El C0chin0 (mr.nastyat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 19:23:27 PDT

    Very good point, while working with a Government Agency a
    few years ago, I was doing a vulnerability assessment and
    showed them how vulnerable their system was.  (two mouse
    clicks away from the password file - that's what got to DC)

    They were also using wlan and I suggested that we at least
    test it.  They didn't want to ruffle the feathers of the
    director of the hospital since we had already embarrassed
    him about the password file.

    They would have rather sent a team of gun carring
    investigators to set up a sniffer to check for porn.

    That's why this country is so secure.

    >Another anonymous comment:

    >What is more scary than CCs, many drug stores & hospitals
    have their
    >business connected via unencrypted 802.11b.  I thought
    that medical
    >companies were required to do all things neccesary to
    protect medical