Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: El C0chin0 (mr.nastyat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 08:25:42 PDT

    As I mentioned, I informed BB of the issues raised here
    eariler.  I do not work for BB but am occassionaly a
    customer and would perfer not to have my information public
    property of someone war driving planning their Christmas list.

    Here is BB's response;

    Thank you for contacting Best Buy's corporate headquarters
    with your concerns.  Regarding this issue, Best Buy has
    deactivated our temporary wireless cash registers that
    transmit information via LAN connections.
    These registers are not Best Buy's main register terminals
    and represent a small percentage of the transactions
    processed within our stores.  Please be assured that
    customer privacy is of the utmost importance to Best Buy and
    we will further investigate this matter.

    We do appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns
    with us.

    Respectfully,
    Alex Reynolds
    Contact Center Escalations