ADT enterNET and Symantec Ghost

From: John Swensson (jswenssonat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 10:03:46 PDT

    from their websites:
    http://www.adt.com/enterNET/
    enterNET(tm) is ADT's exclusive web server-based, full-featured Access Control and Alarm Monitoring System. There's no software to load: this application works over your network Internet connection, through your regular web browser! And through this simple connection, you can both monitor and reprogram your security system on any Internet-equipped network (LAN or WAN) computer. enterNET(tm):

    Symantec Ghost Multicast Server
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?productID=3

    Both good products, both products I use.

    I ran into a weird little problem when using both products at once. It seems that using the multicast function in Ghost will cause the ADT product to stop responding and prevent users from using their keycards to access the building! Now this can be solved by either using Symantec's Unicast or Subnet targeted broadcast or just leaving enterNET off your network. I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before?

    -john

    John Swensson
    jswenssonat_private