Re: Buffer overflow or overrun?

From: RoMaNSoFt (r0manat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 10:15:32 PDT

    On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:15:24 -0700, you wrote:

    >> And if there's a difference between
    >> authentication and authentification, I can't tell.
    >
    >This one's easy. There is no such word, "authentification."

     This is a common error for Spanish speakers. In Spanish language
    there are two verbs both with a similar meaning:
    - "autentificar"
    - "autenticar"

     Indeed the 1st word is preferred.

     Since the English verb "authenticate" seems to be mapped to
    "autenticar" (both words are closer), many people use
    "authenti_fi_cate" attached to Spanish "autenti_fi_car".

     Nevertheless the correct way is to map both "autentificar" and
    "autenticar" Spanish words to "authenticate" English word.

     Excerpt from an English to Spanish dictionary:
    "authenticate / @"TentIkeIt |O:- / vt
    	a (declare genuine) autenticar*, autentificar* "

     My 0.02 euros =)
     --Roman