Re: Multiple Local Vulnerabilities in some FTP Client.Who can exploitit by remote?

From: SpaceWalker (spacewalkerat_private)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 09:57:13 PDT

    This is typically bad idea to let any localy exploitable programs, even if they are only exploitable by client (who has legitimate access)
    but I don't know if it's like this under win32, but under any unix, it's very hard to block command execution, if you let the possibility to run any program on the fs (who tried to remove /bin/sh ?)

    The real problem is into the vulnerabilities that let you exec something on computer : unicode problems should not exist.

    SpaceWalker