Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: mlafonat_private
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:35:29 PDT

    > I have seen a site where people have published the IP of the offending
    > boxes for stuff like Nimda and CR. I am thinking about doing the same
    > thing so that people can either use that information to block the IP's or
    > to do whatever they want for that matter.

    There is already a site that publish Smurf amplifiers to force people
    to fix their routers (nobody likes to be in the top ten).

        http://www.powertech.no/smurf/

    According to them, a lot of networks have been fixed since then, so it can
    be a good idea. But Smurf is really more annoying that all that Nimda logs...

    --
    Mathieu Lafon - Arkoon Network Security