Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Chip McClure (vhm3at_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 10:13:45 PDT

    I vote for option #1.

    I've gone pretty much the same route as you have, and I might as well have
    been talking to a wall. Notified ISP's, and where possible, the
    individuals themselves - nothing has been done about it. I still get quite
    a number of Nimda probes per day, not only on my home system, but also
    that of my data center servers. It gets highly annoying, to see that
    people, and also corporations do not patch their systems. Whether this is
    through ignorance, or lack of knowledge - they have to be held accountable
    for their actions. Enough warnings by 90% of the ISP's, Microsoft, and
    numerous others, on how to disable IIS, patch it or do whatever. The
    knowledge, and ability is definitley there to take care of the problem.

    Chip

    - -----
    Chip McClure
    Sr. Unix Administrator