Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Matthew McGehrin (mcgehrinat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 12:57:32 PDT

    1. If its getting out of hand, run Earlybird. It will automatically E-mail
    both Abuse and Arin Contacts for any IP that it detects.

    http://www.treachery.net/~jdyson/earlybird/

    2. If you don't mind all the attacks, just setup a simple filter in apache
    to ignore them. I do the following:

    CustomLog /var/www/logs/access_log combined env=!trash
    SetEnvIf Request_URI /scripts                   trash
    SetEnvIf Request_URI /default.*                 trash
    SetEnvIf Request_URI /*/winnt                   trash
    SetEnvIf Request_URI /*/*.dll                   trash
    SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI /msadc               trash

    Then for virtuals its the same thing.

    <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
            CustomLog       /home/username/website-access_log combined
    env=!trash
    </VirtualHost>

    That way it doesn't clog my weblogs with 'trash' :)

    -- Matthew