Re: vxWorks WND checker?

From: Iván Arce (core.lists.exploit-dev@core-sdi.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 18:51:14 PDT

    In an almost completly irresponsable post (since i have not RTFS or
    even the fine manual) i would suggest sending an RPC request for PROC_NULL
    err NULLPROC ( 0 )

    This takes no arguments and receives nothing but an error code in
    return..
    errcode = client_call(....,NULLPROC,...)

    any meaningfull RPC errcode implies that there is something on the
    other end that understands RPC as opposed to some random listener.
    while this does not prove that it is the WND program it is probably a
    good enough test and pretty easy to develop too

    -i

    ---

    "Understanding. A cerebral secretion that enables one having it to know
     a house from a horse by the roof on the house,
     Its nature and laws have been exhaustively expounded by Locke,
     who rode a house, and Kant, who lived in a horse." - Ambrose Bierce

    Ivan Arce
    CTO
    CORE SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES

    44 Wall Street - New York, NY 10005
    Ph: (212) 461-2345
    Fax: (212) 461-2346
    http://www.corest.com

    PGP Fingerprint: C7A8 ED85 8D7B 9ADC 6836  B25D 207B E78E 2AD1 F65A