Re: PDF modifications?

From: Bogdan Tomchuk (bogdan.tomchukat_private)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 13:50:43 PDT

    Globally answer is Yes, you always could codify and copy any document you
    could see.

    In case of PDF, the task could be complicated by the method and the origin
    of the data used to create this document. Generally, PDF file is kind of
    compressed Postscript file, and so inside it could be compressed bitmap
    file, text in outline form, or just test with format and font information.

    - Bitmap data could be recognized by classical OCR software like
    OmniPage/FineReader

    - In case of text in data-vector form, test normally should be first go
    thought RIP (ghost for example) then proceeded as in case of  bitmap data

    - Text  could be extracted from file or captured by directly by hacking text
    output handler

    Some complication like password protection was excelently explaind by
    Vladimir Katalov: