Re: about cookies

From: quentynat_private
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 10:23:52 PDT

    Greg Hunt wrote:

    > The audiogalaxy satellite itself also sends your username/password in cleartext, I think >we're just supposed to assume it's not secure. The only attacks I can think of if you know >the username/password is a DoS attack by filling the user's hard drive with mp3s.

    well so long as they are not country and western :o)

    what might be more of an issue is if people use the same password or
    series of passwords for loads of apps.

    if you could put mp3's on someone else's HDD there might be an
    interesting legal standpoint as well but IANAL

    Quentyn Taylor
    Sysadmin - Fotango
    Debating unix flavors in the context of anything Microsoft is like
    talking about which ice cream flavor tastes least like sawdust with
    turpentine sauce.