RE: Xerox DocuTech problems

From: Darren W. MacDonald (darrydooat_private)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 18:39:29 PDT

    Interesting.

    When we had our DocuTech installed a year ago, we made it clear to Xerox
    that we would be changing the local admin password on the NT box -- it
    was a requirement for them joining the device to our domain. No Sun box
    in our configuration. Of course, the installers are tech people with
    little or no knowledge of security. The developers really didn't want to
    hear our complaints, either.

    I would think that returning (or threatening to return) the product to
    the vendor would solve the problem quite nicely, if no other method
    does.

    Cheers
    Darren W. MacDonald