Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....

From: cami (camisat_private)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 10:40:04 PDT

    | I've got hold of a copy of the DirectX 9 SDK beta. It comes with the interesting warning:
    |
    | --------------------------------------------
    | This beta version expires on Aug 20, 2002.
    | You will need to reinstall Windows if you do not
    | have a valid DX9 ID & password to download Beta 2
    | --------------------------------------------
    |
    | Anyone in a position to comment on exactly what Microsoft think they have the right
    | to do to an end users PC?

    Since when do you have the right to 'get a copy' of DirectX 9
    when only official beta testers are suppose to have it?

    | Less of a legal argument, more of a technical "what-they-gonna-do". Format c: would be too easy.

    DirectX 9 can not be uninstalled, so when the timeout expires
    and you are still stuck using it, guess what, your machine wont
    boot into Windows XP..

    Moral of the story, do not use pirated software if you are going
    to complain about the possible aftermath..

    Plain and simple, isn't it?