sgid games - purity test.

From: elguapo (dotslashat_private)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 18:11:07 PDT

    I took a few minutes to look at some of the other Xandros holes I found
    and decided this one if fully worthless so here ya go.... the fix is
    using snprintf instead of sprintf. If you can't see it you are blind.
    There are 2 other useless sgid games holes as well... I will send out
    the details when I research them.

    sgid games on Xandros based linux   *wee this is worthless flames > /dev/null*

    This is the closest refrence to a vendor for this software I could find...Its PURELY novelty however I have seen people make this into a cgi program...
    hopefully they used perl!

    *
            pt.c   version 3.9   December 19, 1989
            Eric Lechner  (lechnerat_private)
            a general purpose N-question (purity) test.
            data file format given in pt.h
            tailor definitions to your needs in pt.h
    */

    in the main program file pt.c

    main(argc,argv)
    {
    char path[256],
     err = 0;
    ch = FALSE;
            while (ch == FALSE) {
                    if (++err >= argc) {
                            (void) sprintf(path,"%s/%s",LIBDIR,"intro");
                            ch = TRUE;
                    } else {
                            switch (*argv[err]) {
                                    case '-' :
                                            break;
                                    default :
                                            (void) sprintf(path,"%s/%s",
                                                            LIBDIR, argv[err]);
                                            ch = TRUE;
                                            break;
                            }
                    }

    elguapo25:~# /usr/games/purity `perl -e 'print "A" x 9000'`
    Segmentation fault

    This is hardly worth taking the time to open gdb =]

    -KF