Wireless MAC Addy question

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:16:59 PDT

    Greetings all once again...

    I was curious if someone out there had a list of mac addresses associated with
    various wireless (802.11a/b) products.

    such as 00022d is associated with lucent orinoco.

    The purpose is that I am writing a tool for sysadmins to use that'll tell them
    if any wireless devices are attached to their network- and if so, it'll
    report the ip and vendor of the device.

    any help will be appreciated in compiling this list.

    russ

    --
    ==================================
    Russell Handorf

    http://russell.handorf.org
    http://www.russells-world.com

    Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd
    all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening
    to repetitive electronic music.

    Kristian Wilson
    Nintendo Inc. 1989

    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.