Re: Wireless MAC Addy question

From: Steve Mickeler (steveat_private)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 13:25:00 PDT

    http://coffer.com/mac_find/

    This will only help for people who havent changed the mac address on their
    wilan cards.

    The client software that comes with most cards have a "change mac" option
    which makes it a little too easy for people to change the info.

    On Thu, 30 May 2002, Russell Handorf wrote:

    > Greetings all once again...
    >
    > I was curious if someone out there had a list of mac addresses associated with
    > various wireless (802.11a/b) products.
    >
    > such as 00022d is associated with lucent orinoco.
    >

    > The purpose is that I am writing a tool for sysadmins to use that'll tell them
    > if any wireless devices are attached to their network- and if so, it'll
    > report the ip and vendor of the device.
    >
    > any help will be appreciated in compiling this list.
    >
    > russ
    >
    > --
    > ==================================
    > Russell Handorf
    >
    > http://russell.handorf.org
    > http://www.russells-world.com
    >
    > Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd
    > all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening
    > to repetitive electronic music.
    >
    > Kristian Wilson
    > Nintendo Inc. 1989
    >
    > Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

    [-] Steve Mickeler [ steveat_private ]

    [|] Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

    [+] 1024D/ACB58D4F = 0227 164B D680 9E13 9168  AE28 843F 57D7 ACB5 8D4F