RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 22:05:38 PDT

    Tonight I get this in my e-mail:

    > Subject: cvs gone dark?

    > The cvsretail AP near me was dark this evening.  No wireless.  I drove
    > into the parking lot (I can usually hit it from the road) and got
    > NOTHING.

    > Could be coincidence... or not?

    Sadly it seems that the best defense against clueless installations and a
    lack of concern for customer information is going to be making periodic
    public announcements of the failings of businesses in their poor
    implimentations...

    > Did you talk to the guy from ComputerWorld?

    Nope, we heard nothing here, they must have figured us to be nobodies
    <smile>, or are upset we long ago quit our subscription?

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
    	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.